Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Planted the last 5 Dahlia bulbs today.  To plant them I dug out the less than favorable dirt on the north west bed next to the house.  I dug down 6 inches, Tom hauled the dirt to his stock tank gardens and we replaced the dirt with compost from the compost pile and finished off the top with garden soil.
The rest of the bulbs, plus a few that I don't have the picture for, were planted over the last few weeks.  Now I have to wait and pray for the bulbs to come up.
As I think I have said before we have been busy with vegetable garden and I have worked on more than half of my flower beds. Only 4 more beds to work on.  Hope I get them done this year.  The beds that I have left have bind weed in them.  I have never figured out how to get rid of the bind weed.  UGH.  Is that a word?
More pictures to follow later.  As soon as I shower we are headed to Orschelyn's and Panera Bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment