Monday, May 21, 2018

 Tom tilling the garden.  It has been tilled twice by Bill's tractor.  Need to get the straw down and plant pumpkins, watermelon and cantaloupe.
My tomatoes, peppers and squash seeds at the far end of garden.  In the front of this picture is a marigold.  Marigolds usually grow really well in the garden area if the rabbits don't find them.  We have hired Steven Parker (no relation to Parkers' in Burlingame) to help with some of the gardening work this summer.  He worked on Saturday.  Leland was at our house and he helped also.
I can only work a couple of hours, with breaks and then I'm done.  But it feels really good to be working on vegetable garden and also on the flowers beds.  I didn't do much work last year and then I remembered that I spent 4 days in the hospital last year over Mother's Day weekend   I had a cyst on my kidney.  After I got out of the hospital I went to Topeka for weeks for IV infusion medication.  Every time I went to the doctor for the next 6 months I told them that I was still really tired.  And doctors told me that it would take a long time for me to feel well.  Guess I'm feeling better.  Some days I wish that I could still work like I did 20 years ago.  63 is not old but being so overweight slows me down a lot.
More garden work to do.  So hopefully more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment